Dr Clare Boothroyd
Greenslopes Specialist Centre
121 Newdegate St
Greenslopes, QLD 4120
07 3847 9362
- Reproductive Endocrinology
Obstetrics and Gynaecology with sub-specialty Certificate of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility.
- Completed executive Master Business Administration Queensland University of Technology February November 2015
- Graduate of Australian Institute Company Directors September 2010
- Completion Maintenance of Professional Standards programme, Royal Australasian College of Physicians, 2010
- Commenced Master Business Administration, Macquarie University 2008 (not enrolled, subject participation ad hoc). Corporate Finance Distinction 2008, Marketing 2010 Credit
- Masters of Medical Science, University of Queensland, April 2000 for thesis "Molecular analysis in endocrine disease"
- Passed Part I examination of Royal Australian College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, August, 1992 and passed Part II examination Royal Australian College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, September 1996, elevated to Fellowship June 2000.
- Passed Royal Australasian College of Physicians examination (Part 1) April 1988, completed advanced training in endocrinology and granted Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians December 1991.
- Queensland Cancer Fund Clinical Research Fellowship holder 1990 - 1991, Queensland Institute Medical Research, Brisbane.
- University of Queensland, Brisbane, Graduated M.B. B.S. 1983 (First Class Honours)
- Awarded AGES/Ethicon Travelling Fellowship June 2000
- Winner of the inaugural John Tyrer Medal, University of Queensland 1993, awarded to graduate making greatest contribution to research in internal medicine within the first five years of research.
- Awarded Freda Freeman Fellowship, International Federation of University Women, December, 1991 (to continue research into endocrine neoplasia during 1992)
- Winner of Elsie Jameson Prize, October, 1991 (best scientific presentation of advanced trainees of Royal Australasian College of Physicians, Queensland Branch)
- Winner of Pfizer award, National level, May 1992 (best scientific paper of advanced trainees of Royal Australasian College of Physicians)
- Winner of Organon Award of Excellence for achieving highest aggregate mark in the MRACOG Part I examination August 1992
- Winner of Jean and Joyce Stobo Prize 1983 (female student showing greatest proficiency in last two years of medical course)
- Winner of Kenneth Wilson Prize 1983 (student showing greatest proficiency in Obstetrics and Gynaecology in last year of medical course)
- Co-winner of John F Dunkley Memorial Prize (student with best results in Obstetrics and Gynaecology in last two years of medical course)
- Co-winner of Elsie Butler-Williamson Memorial Prize in Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Founding (self nominated) member of REACT group (Reproductive Endocrine and Infertility Clinical Trials Collaboration) Australia and New Zealand 2007- current. http://www.fertilitysociety.com.au/home/special-interest-groups/reactanz/.
- Elected member of the Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility Training and Accreditation Committee of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists since 2004. Positions held: trainee representative, ordinary member, deputy chair, 2013- current.
- Founding (self nominated) member of Australasian CREI Consensus Expert Panel on Trial evidence (ACCEPT) 2007- current.
- Elected member of the IVF Directors executive groups (http://www.fertilitysociety.com.au/contact/committee/) 2009. Past role Assistant Secretary and nominee of IVF Directors to Board of Fertility Society of Australia from 2009 - 2011. Current role Secretary IVF Directors Executive and IVF Directors Retired 2017
- Nominated Member of the IVF Directors Group on the Management Subcommittee of the Australia and New Zealand Assisted Reproduction Database. February 2015- current.
- Chair of the Management Subcommittee of the Australia and New Zealand Assisted Reproduction Database. 2015- Current.
- Founding (invited) member of Preconception Special Interest Group of Fertility Society of Australia. Completed role to review the evidence on preconceptual folic acid, iodine and vitamin D supplements. (http://www.fertilitysociety.com.au/home/special-interest-groups/pre-conceptionhealth/)
- Vice President ANZSREI (Australian and New Zealand Society of Specialists in Reproductive Endocrinology and Inferility 2015- current.
- Elected Board Member True Relationships and Reproductive Health 2016-current.
- Elected Board Member Fertility Society of Australia, 2017
- Medical Director, Care Fertility Toowoomba, November 2016 - current
- Medical Director, Care Fertility Greenslopes, October 2015 - current
- Private Reproductive Endocrinology and Gynaecology, Greenslopes Private Hospital, July 2000 - current
- Basic skills workshop, Royal Brisbane Hospital, 1993
- Endoscopic list weekly, Royal Women's Hospital, Dr Alan Lee 1996-2001
- Laparoscopic Skills workshop, St George's Hospital, Kogarah, Sydney, NSW. 1998
- Observation, Prof Charles Koh, King George V, Sydney, NSW, 9/10/00
- Monash Preceptorship, Monash Medical Centre, Morrabbin, Melbourne, Vic. 21-22/11/00
- Assistance Dr Michael Cooper, Sydney, 2001
- Bone Mineral Density reporting and interpretation 2005
- Attendance 5 day QIMIS August 2006
- Boothroyd CV, Lepre F. Permanent voice change resulting from danazol therapy Aust NZ J Obs Gyn (1990);30:275-6
- Boothroyd CV, Teh BT, Hayward NK, Ward GJ, Hickman PE, Cameron DC. Single base mutation in the hormone binding domain of the thyroid hormone receptor beta gene in generalised thyroid hormone resistance demonstrated by single stranded conformation polymorphism analysis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun (1991);
- Boothroyd CV, Grimmond SM, Hayward NK, Cameron DP. G protein mutations in pituitary, parathyroid and pancreatic endocrine adenomas. Biochem Biophys Res Commun (1995);
- Bergman L, Boothroyd C, Palmer J, Grimmond S, Walters M, Teh B, Shepherd J, Hartley L, Hayward N. Identification of somatic mutation of the MEN1 gene in sporadic endocrine tumours. Br J Cancer . 2000 October; 83(8): 1003-1008.
- Boothroyd CV Amenorrhea Modern Medicine 2003
- Boothroyd CV Forbes KL Endometriosis Australian Doctor 2003
- Contributor Obstetrics, Gynaecology and Women's Health 'Menstrual disorders" O'Connor V, Kovacs G. Cambridge Univ Press 2003
- Beck J, Boothroyd CV, Farquar C, Hughes E. Adjunctive treatments for ovulation induction Cochrane Review Jan 2005
- Boothroyd CV, Yazdani A Triplet pregnancy associated with metformin use in polycystic ovarian syndrome Fertility Sterility 2006
- Boothroyd CV, Forbes KL, Yazdani A Optimization of serum oestradiol during luteal phase of IVF-ET cycles Fertility Sterility 2006
- Brown J, Farquhar C, Boothroyd C, Hughes E Adjunctive treatments for ovulation induction Cochrane Review May 2008
- Boothroyd C Polycystic ovarian syndrome and insulin resistance SCOPE Vol 45 Feb 2011 11-12 Boothroyd C, Karia S, Andreadis N, Rombauts L, Johnson N, Chapman M on behalf of the Australasian CREI Consensus Expert Panel on Trial evidence (ACCEPT) group Prevention and detection of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS): consensus statement from ACCEPT (Australasian CREI Consensus Expert Panel on Trial evidence) Aust NZ J Obs Gyn 2015
- Kwik M, Boothroyd C, Karia S. Treatment of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS) on behalf of the Australasian CREI Consensus Expert Panel on Trial evidence (ACCEPT) group 2015. Aust NZ J Obs Gyn 2015
- Farquhar, CM. Brown, J Arroll, N, Gupta, D Boothroyd CV, Maha Al Bassam M, Moir J, Johnson N. A randomized controlled trial of fallopian tube sperm perfusion compared with standard intrauterine insemination for women with non-tubal infertility. Hum Reprod. 2013 Aug;28(8):2134-9. doi: 10.1093/humrep/det108. Epub 2013 Apr 11
- Fleming S, Varughese E, Robertson A Dalzell F Boothroyd C Normal live births following ICSI in a male with the rare condition of Eagle-Barrett Syndrome (Prune Belly Syndrome) Feril Steril Dec 2013 100:1532-4
- Howard-Mowat A, Newton C, Demmers K, Fleming S, Boothroyd C The effects of vaginal lubricants on sperm function. Journal of Assisted Reproduction and Genetics J Assist Reprod Genet. 2014 Mar;31(3):333-9. doi: 10.1007/s10815-013-0168-x. Epub 2014 Jan 5
- Smith C, de Lacey S, Chapman M, Ratcliffe J, Norman R, Johnson N, Sacks G, Lyttleton J, Boothroyd C. Acupuncture to improve outcomes for women undergoing in vitro fertilization:a protocol for a randomised controlled trial. Trials 2012;13;60
- Boothroyd C. Twinning : double double toil and trouble? Editorial Aust NZ J Obs Gyn (in press)
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome RANZCOG June 2002
- Female Health RANZCP Annual Scientific Meeting, Brisbane, May 2002
- Contraception and Pregnancy Planning. Boothroyd CV. Annual Scientific Meeting of the Australian Diabetes Educators Association, Gold Coast, September 2001
- Screening for mutations in the a subunit of the stimulatory G protein in endocrine tumours using allelle specific restriction analysis. Boothroyd C., Grimmond S., Hayward N., and Cameron D. Ninth International Congress of Endocrinology, Nice, August, 1992
- Liver transplantation in pregnancy. Boothroyd C., King J., Brown J., McIntyre H. Pregnancy and the Physician, Annual Meeting of Obstetric Medicine, Coolum, Queensland, October, 1993
- Graft versus host disease of the vulva and vagina following allogeneic bone marrow transplantation. Annual Scientific Meeting Qld NSW RANZCOG, Port Stephens, Nov 1999
- Monozygotic triplet pregnancy after transfer of single blastocyst from donated oocyte. C Boothroyd Robertson A Gardener G Cheung J Poster October 2008 Fertility Society of Australia
- Comparison Of One Versus Two Washes Following Density Gradient Separation Of Spermatozoa For Intrauterine Insemination Vi-Khiem Hua, Melissa Bauer ,Clare Boothroyd and Steven Fleming Poster October 2009 Fertility Society of Australia
- Predictors of Depression in Men and Women experiencing Assisted Reproductive Technology Treatment Casey Williams, Bernadette Watson, Narelle Dickinson Fiona O'Hare Margaret Parry Clare Boothroyd Oral presentation October 2010 Fertility Society of Australia
- How socio-economic status, motivation and self-identity relate to ability to cope with assisted reproductive technology treatment. Lydia Elsworthy , Narelle Dickinson, Bernadette Watson Fiona O'Hare Margaret Parry Clare Boothroyd Oral Presentation Fertility Society Australia 2010
- CREI Consensus Group Statement on Prevention and Detection of Ovarian Hyperstimulation. Clare Boothroyd, Natasha Andreadis, Janelle MacDonald Luk Rombauts Neil Johnson for CREI Consensus Group Oral Presentation Fertility Society of Australia 2010
- First live birth of a normal male infant from sperm obtained from a male with Eagle-Barrett Syndrome (Prune Belly Syndrome) Elizabeth Varughese,, Steven Fleming, Amanda Robertson, Fiona Dalzell, Clare Boothroyd Poster 2010 Fertility Society of Australia
- Live birth rate after metformin and clomiphene vs clomiphene alone in polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS): a randomized double blind placebo controlled trial. Georgia Heathcote, Kevin Forbes, Alan Lee, Margaret Gregor, Clare Boothroyd. Oral presentation . Fertility Society of Australia 2011
- The Effect Of Lubricants On Sperm Function Cora Newton Steven Fleming Kristy Demmers Clare Boothroyd International Congress Andrology Melbourne 2013
- Investigator Stimulation Resulting in Embryonic Aneuploidy using Menopur STREAM study 2018
- Principal investigator "Longitudinal study of mental health during and after fertility treatment" (Kahler A, Watson B, Dickinson N, Gore L)
- Principal investigator "Use of culture media containing granulocyte-macrophage colony stimulating factor GM-CSF"
- Principal investigator "Use of known implanatation data (KID) score from timelapse imaging and embryo morphology at Day 5"
- Principal investigator "Use of intracytoplasmic injection morphologically selected sperm".