Professor Michael Chapman is one of Australia's most highly profiled and respected fertility specialists. He is a busy clinician who achieves high success rates, with the majority of his patients returning to his care in the hope of further completing their family. His academic position enables him to be at the forefront of new advances in treatment which he applies in his practice at the earliest opportunity.
He has a high public profile due to his tireless efforts to ensure access to Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) for all Australians, as a vocal patient advocate and senior medical academic training practitioners of the future. When Chair of the IVF Directors Group he was instrumental, working closely with the Federal Government, to ensure access to ART treatment remained clinically protected as a doctor-patient medical decision. Today he is one of the country's leading media commentators on reproductive health.
Michael gained his initial medical degree from the University of Adelaide, where he specialised in obstetrics and gynaecology. He then moved to the UK, developing extensive experience in infertility, hormonal disorders and assisted reproductive technology (ART). Michael became a Fellow of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists. He gained his Doctorate of Medicine at the University of London, where he was appointed Professor of Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
After 15 years abroad, Michael returned to Australia in 1994 as Head of School, Women's and Children's Health at the University of New South Wales, and St George Public Hospital, Kogarah - a role he continues today. He also remains heavily involved as a Director of the Fertility Society of Australia and is an examiner for the Certificate in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility for the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, of which he is a Fellow.
Michael's depth of experience comes from extensive international roles having established and run IVF services in London, Naples, Jeddah and Sydney. He lectures regularly at national and international meetings, has over 100 scientific publications and many book chapters. His particular interests are in IVF, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), recurrent miscarriage and menstrual problems. He also maintains a private obstetric practice, enabling him to follow his fertility patients from conception to birth.
- Bachelor of Medicine, University of Adelaide
- Bachelor of Surgery, University of Adelaide
- Fellow of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, London(1991)
- Doctor of Medicine, London (1991)
- Fellow of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, Sydney (1995)
- Certification in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Melbourne (1995)
- Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- British Fertility Society - Meetings Secretary (1988 - 1991)
- European Society for Human Reproduction and Embryology (founder Member)
- Gynaecological Research Society - Committee Member (1984 - present)
- Fertility Society of Australia (President 2015- present)
- Australian Medical Association
- Australian and New Zealand Society of Reproductive Endocrinology and
- Infertility (Founding Chair 2016 - Present)
Current Hospital Appointments:
- Clinical Director
Division of Women's and Children's Health
St George Hospital
Kogarah NSW 2217
- Clinical Director
IVFAUSTRALIA Southern Sydney (formerly IVF SOUTH)
St George Private Hospital
Kogarah, NSW 2217
- Executive Clinical Director
Royal Hospital for Women
Randwick NSW 2031
Refereed Journals (145 total publications):
- Chambers GM, Paul RC, Harris K, Fitzgerald O, Boothroyd CV, Rombauts L, Chapman MG. (2017) Assisted reproductive technology in Australia and New Zealand: cumulative live birth rates as measures of success. Jorm L. Med J Aust. 2017 Aug 7;207(3):114-118.
- Intong LRA, Choi SD, Shipman A, Kho YC, Hwang SJE, Rhodes LM, Walton JR, Chapman MG, Murrell DF. (2017) Retrospective evidence on outcomes and experiences of pregnancy and childbirth in epidermolysis bullosa in Australia and New Zealand. J Womens Dermatol. Feb 16;3(1 Suppl):S1-S5. eCollection 2017 Mar.
- Donnolley NR, Chambers GM, Butler-Henderson KA, Chapman MG, Sullivan EA. (2017) More than a name: Heterogeneity in characteristics of models of maternity care reported from the Australian Maternity Care Classification System validation study. Women Birth. 2017 Aug;30(4):332-341. Epub 2017 Feb 4.
- Chambers GM, Wand H, Macaldowie A, Chapman MG, Farquhar CM, Bowman M, Molloy D, Ledger W. (2017) Population trends and live birth rates associated with common ART treatment strategies.
- Smith CA, de Lacey S, Chapman M, Ratcliffe J, Norman RJ, Johnson N, Sacks G, Lyttleton J, Boothroyd C. (2017) Erratum to Acupuncture to improve live birth rates for women undergoing in vitro fertilization: a protocol for a randomized controlled trial. Trials. 2017 Jun 1;18(1):248.
- Eastick J, Venetis C, Cooke S, Storr A, Susetio D, Chapman M. (2017) Is early embryo development as observed by time-lapse microscopy dependent on whether fresh or frozen sperm was used for ICSI? A cohort study. J Assist Reprod Genet. 2017 Jun;34(6):733-740. Epub 2017 Apr 29.
- Harrison K, Peek J, Chapman M, Bowman M. (2017) Continuous improvement in national ART standards by the RTAC accreditation system in Australia and New Zealand. Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol. 2017 Feb;57(1):49-51. Epub 2016 Oct 21.
- Chambers GM, Wang YA, Chapman M, Hoang VP, Sulliva Anazodo AC, Stern CJ, McLachlan RI, Gerstl B, Agresta F, Cohn RJ, Jayasinghe Y, Wakefield CE, Daly G, Chan D, Gilbert L, Kemertzis M, Orme LM, Wand H, Viney R, Gillam L, Deans R, Jetti M, Wu J, Chapman M, Ledger W, Sullivan EA. (2016) A Study Protocol for the Australasian Oncofertility Registry: Monitoring Referral Patterns and the Uptake, Quality, and Complications of Fertility Preservation Strategies in Australia and New Zealand. J Adolesc Young Adult Oncol. 2016 Sep;5(3):215-25. Epub 2016 Mar 16.
- Anazodo AC, Gerstl B, Stern CJ, McLachlan RI, Agresta F, Jayasinghe Y, Cohn RJ, Wakefield CE, Chapman M, Ledger W, Sullivan EA. (2016) Utilizing the Experience of Consumers in Consultation to Develop the Australasian Oncofertility Consortium Charter. J Adolesc Young Adult Oncol. 2016 Sep;5(3):232-9. Epub 2016 Mar 16
- Tilia L, Venetis C, Kilani S, Cooke S, Chapman M. (2016) Is oocyte meiotic spindle morphology associated with embryo ploidy? A prospective cohort study. Fertil Steril. 2016 Apr;105(4):1085-1092.e7. Epub 2016 Jan 8.
- Boothroyd C, Karia S, Andreadis N, Rombauts L, Johnson N, Chapman M; (2015) Consensus statement on prevention and detection of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome. Australasian CREI Consensus Expert Panel on Trial evidence (ACCEPT) group. Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol. 2015 Dec;55(6):523-34. Epub 2015 Nov 24.
- Li Z, Sullivan EA, Chapman M, Farquhar C, Wang YA. (2015) Risk of ectopic pregnancy lowest with transfer of single frozen blastocyst. Hum Reprod. 2015 Sep;30(9):2048-54. Epub 2015 Jul 22
- Listijono D, Kilani S, Tilia L, Garrett D, Chapman M. Is measurement of progesterone level prior to FSH stimulation useful in GnRH-antagonist cycles?Hum Fertil (Camb). 2015;18(4):234-7. Epub 2015 May 22.
- Intong LRA, Choi SD, Shipman A, Kho YC, Hwang SJE, Rhodes LM, Walton JR, Chapman MG, Murrell DF. (2015) Retrospective evidence on outcomes and experiences of pregnancy and childbirth in epidermolysis bullosa in Australia and New Zealand. Int J Womens Dermatol. 2015 Feb 18;1(1):26-30. eCollection 2015 Feb.
- Vermey BG, Chapman MG, Cooke S, Kilani S. (2015) The relationship between sperm head retardance using polarized light microscopy and clinical outcomes. Reprod Biomed Online. 2015 Jan;30(1):67-73. Epub 2014 Oct 2.
- Kilani S, Chapman MG. Fertil Steril. (2014) Meiotic spindle normality predicts live birth in patients with recurrent in vitro fertilization failure. 2014 Feb;101(2):403-6. Epub 2013 Dec 12.2012
- Chambers GM, Hoang VP, Sullivan EA, Chapman MG, Ishihara O, Zegers-Hochschild F, Nygren KG, Adamson GD. (2014) The impact of consumer affordability on access to assisted reproductive technologies and embryo transfer practices: an international analysis. Fertil Steril. 2014 Jan;101(1):191-198.e4. Epub 2013 Oct 21.
- Chambers GM, Hoang VP, Lee E, Hansen M, Sullivan EA, Bower C, Chapman M. (2014) Hospital costs of multiple-birth and singleton-birth children during the first 5 years of life and the role of assisted reproductive technology. JAMA Pediatr. 2014 Nov;168(11):1045-53.
- Listijono DR, Mooney S, Chapman M. (2014) A comparative analysis of postpartum maternal mental health in women following spontaneous or ART conception. J Psychosom Obstet Gynaecol. 2014 Jun;35(2):51-4. Epub 2014 Apr 28.
- McLindon LA, Beckmann M, Flenady V, McIntyre HD, Chapman M. (2013) Women's views of a fertility awareness and hormonal support approach to subfertility. Hum Fertil (Camb). 2013 Dec;16(4):252-7. Epub 2013 Oct 31.
- Listijono DR, Boylan T, Cooke S, Kilani S, Chapman MG. (2013) An analysis of the impact of embryo transfer difficulty on live birth rates, using a standardised grading system. Hum Fertil (Camb). 2013 Sep;16(3):211-4. Epub 2013 Jul 17.
- Chambers GM, Wang YA, Chapman MG, Hoang VP, Sullivan EA, Abdalla HI, Ledger W. (2013) What can we learn from a decade of promoting safe embryo transfer practices? A comparative analysis of policies and outcomes in the UK and Australia, 2001-2010. Hum Reprod. 2013 Jun;28(6):1679-86. doi: 10.1093/humrep/det080. Epub 2013 Apr 2.
- n EA, Abdalla HI & Ledger WL (2013) What can we learn from a decade of promoting safe embryo transfer practices? A comparative analysis of policies and outcomes in the United Kingdom and Australia 2001-2010.
- Koch J, Rowan K, Rombauts L, Yazdani A, Chapman M, Johnson N. Endometriosis and Infertility - a consensus statement from ACCEPT (Australasian CREI Consensus Expert Panel on Trial evidence).(2012) Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol. 2012 Sep 27. doi: 10.1111/j.1479-828X.2012.01480.x. [Epub ahead of print]
- Smith CA, de Lacey S, Chapman M, Ratcliffe J, Norman RJ, Johnson N, Sacks G, Lyttleton J, Boothroyd C. Acupuncture to improve live birth rates for women undergoing in vitro fertilization: a protocol for a randomized controlled trial. (2012) Trials. 2012 May 18;13:60.
- Sacks G, Yang Y, Gowen E, Smith S, Fay L, Chapman M (2012) Detailed analysis of peripheral blood natural killer cells in women with repeated IVF failure. Am J Reprod Immunol. 2012 May;67(5):434-42. Epub 2012 Feb 1.
- Koch J, Costello M F, Chapman M G, Kilani S (2011) Twice-frozen embryos are no detriment to pregnancy success: a retrospective comparative study. American Society for Reproductive Medicine, 96, no. 1, July, pp 58-62
- Ben Kroon, Neil Johnson, Michael Chapman, Anusch Yazdani, Roger Hart, (2011) On behalf of the Australasian CREI Consensus Expert Panel on Trial evidence (ACCEPT) group Fibroids in infertility - consensus statement from ACCEPT (Australasian CREI Consensus Expert Panel on Trial evidence ANZJOG 2011; Vol 51 (4) 289-295 Aug 11
- Ledger W, Chapman M.(2011) Barriers to conducting clinical research in reproductive medicine: Australia and the United Kingdom. Fertil Steril. 2011 Oct;96(4):813-6. Review.
- Kilani S, Cooke S, Tilia L, Chapman M (2011) Does meiotic spindle normality predict improved blastocyst development, implantation and live birth rates? Fertil Steril. 2011 Aug;96(2):389-93. Epub 2011 Jun 8.
- Wang YA, Costello M, Chapman M, Black D, Sullivan EA (2011) Transfers of fresh blastocysts and blastocysts cultured from thawed cleavage embryos are associated with fewer miscarriages. Reproductive BioMedicine Online, 10 Sept 2011.
- Koch J, Costello MF, Chapman MG, Kilani S (2011) Twice-frozen embryos are no detriment to pregnancy success: a retrospective comparative study. Fertil Steril. 2011 Jul;96(1):58- 62. Epub 2011 May 13.
- Rajesh H, Freckmann ML, Chapman M. (2011) Azoospermia and paternal autosomal ring chromosomes: case report and literature review. Reprod Biomed Online. 2011 Oct;23(4):466- 70. Epub 2011 May 27. Review.
- Suthersan D, Kennedy S, Chapman M (2011) Physical symptoms throughout IVF cycles. Hum Fertil (Camb). 2011 Jun;14(2):122-8.
- Shivapathasundram G, Kwik M, Chapman M. (2011) Luteal phase defect: part of the infertility zeitgeist or relic from the past? Hum Fertil (Camb). 2011 Mar;14(1):60-3. Epub 2010 Dec
- Chambers G, Sullivan E, Shanahan M,Ho m, Priester K, Chapman M. Is in vitro fertilisation more effective than stimulated intrauterine insemination as a first-line therapy for subfertility? A cohort analysis. ANZJOG 2010; Vol 50 (3) 207-307
- Kilani SS, Cooke S, Chapman MG (2010). Time course of meiotic spindle development in MII oocytes. Zygote: page 1 of 8 C _ Cambridge University Press
- Wang Y; Chapman M; Costello M; Sullivan E (2010). Better perinatal outcomes following transfer of fresh blastocysts and blastocysts cultured from thawed cleavage embryos: a population-based study. Human Reproduction 2010; doi: 10.1093/humrep/deq067
- S.D. Choi, Y.C. Kho, L.M. Rhodes , G.K. Davis, M.G. Chapman , D.F. Murrell (2010). Outcomes of 11 Pregnancies in 3 Patients with Recessive Forms of Epidermolysis Bullosa. British Journal of Dermatology: Manuscript ID BJD-2010-0938.R3
- Chapman, MG, Kilani, S, & Cooke, S (2010). Time course of meiotic spindle development in MII oocytes. Zygote,19, pp 55-62
- Dean, JH, Chapman, MG & Sullivan, EA (2010). The effect on human sex ratio at birth by assisted reproductive technology (ART) procedures - an assessment of babies born following single embryo transfers, Australia and New Zealand, 2002-2006. British Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, 2010; 117:1628-1634
- Sullivan, EA, Chapman MG, Wang, YA & Adamson, G (2010). Population-Based Study of Caesarean Section after In Vitro Fertilization in Australia. Birth-Issues in Perinatal Care, 37, pp 184-191.
- Elizabeth Anne SULLIVAN, Katinka MORAN, Michael CHAPMAN (2009) Term breech singletons and caesarean section: A population study, Australia 1991-2005 ANZJOG; Oct 09:456-460
- The economic impact of assisted reproductive technology: a review of selected developed countries. Fertil Steril. 2009 Jun;91(6):2281-94
- McMurtie J, Catling-Paul C, Teate A, Caplice S, Chapman M, Homer C (2009) The St George Homebirth Program: An evaluation of the first 100 booked women. ANZJOG; Dec:49:631- 636.
- Chambers GM, Chapman MG, Grayson N, Shanahan M, Sullivan EA. Babies born after ART treatment cost more than non-ART babies: a cost analysis of inpatient birth-admission costs of singleton and multiple gestation pregnancies. Hum Reprod. 2007 Dec;22(12):3108-15. Epub 2007 Sep 28.Lee SF, Chapman M, Bowyer L (2008)
- Chambers GM, Sullivan EA, Ishihara O, Chapman MG, Adamson GD. (2008) Monozygotic triplets after single blasocyst transfer: Case report and literature review. ANZJOG. 2008 (48) Costello MF, Chapman MG, Conway U (2006) A systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials on metformin co-administration during gonadotrophin ovulation induction or IVF in women with polycystic ovary syndrome. Hum Reprod. 2006 Jan 31; [Epub ahead of print]
- Fox AJS, Chapman MG (2006) Longitudinal ultrasound assessment of fetal presentation: A review of 1010 consecutive cases. ANZJOG 2006; 46: 341-344
- Kilani SS, Cooke S, Kan AK, Chapman MG (2006) Do age and extended culture affect the architecture of the zona pellucida of human oocytes and embryos? Zygote. 2006 Feb; (14):39-44
- Wang YA, Sullivan EA, Black D, Bryant J, Chapman M (2005) Preterm birth and low birth weight after assisted reproductive technology-related pregnancy in Australia between 1996 and 2000. Fertil Steril. Jun;83(6):1650-8
- Kan A, Kilani S, Tilia l, Mitchell F, Chapman M (2004) Pregnancy from intracytoplasmic injection of a frozen-thawed oocyte. ANZJOG. 2004 Jun;44(3):262-3.
- Abrahams S, Chapman M, Taylor A, McBride A, Boyd C (2003) Anxiety and feelings of medical students conducting their first gynaecological examination. J Psychosom Obstet Gynaecol. 2003 Mar;24(1):39-44.
- Bowyer L, Chapman M (2003) Successful vaginal birth after three previous Caesarean sections with no prior labour. Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol. Dec;43(6):471-2
- Guerin J, Sheng Y, Reddel S, Chapman M G, Krilis S (2002) Heparin inhibits the binding of beta 2-glycoprotein I to phospholipids and promotes the plasmin-mediated inactivation of this blood protein. Elucidation of the consequences of the two biological events in patients with the anti-phospholipid syndrome. J Biol Chem. Jan 25;277(4):2644-9. Epub 2001 Nov 15
- Miskry T, Chapman M (2002) The use of intrauterine insemination in Australia and New Zealand. Hum Reprod. Apr;17(4):956-9.
- C Homer, G Davis, P Brodie, A Sheehan, L Barclay, J Wills, M Chapman (2001) Collaboration in Maternity Care : A randomised-controlled trial comparing community based continuity of care with standard hospital care. British Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, 108 (January): 16-22
- C Homer, G Davis, P Petocz, L Barclay, D Matha, M Chapman (2000) Birth centre or labour ward? A comparison of the clinical outcomes of low-risk women in a NSW hospital. Australian Journal of Advanced Nursing 18(1) : 8 - 12, 2000
- Chou DC, Rosen D, Cario GM, Carlton MA, Chapman MG, (1999) Johns C Home within 24 hours of laparoscopic hysterectomy aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol. 1999 May;39(2):234-8
- Rosen DM, Lam AM, Chapman M, Carlton MA, Cario GM (1998) An assessment of the learning curve for laparoscopic and total laparoscopic hysterectomy. Gynaecological Endoscopy 98; 7:289-293
- Rosen DM, Lam AM, Chapman M, Carlton MA, Cario GM. (1998) Method of Creating Pneumoperitoneum: A review of techniques and Complications. Obstetrical and Gynaecological Survey 1998; 53(3):167-74
- Rosen DM, Lam AM, Chapman M, Carlton MA, Cario GM. (1998) Method of Creating Pneumoperitoneum: A review of techniques and Complications. Obstetrical and Gynaecological Survey 1998; 53(3):167-74
- Freidakis M, Ashworth F, Chapman M, Pearce M, Grudzinskas JG (1995) Fetal congenital abnormality (thanatophoric dwarfism) in one of two simultaneous recipients from a single altruistic ovum donor. Hum Reprod. (11):3055-6.
- Rymer J, Fogelman I, Chapman M G (1994) The incidence of vaginal bleeding with tibolone treatment. Br J Obstet Gynaecol. 1994 Jan;101(1):53-6.
- Rymer J.M, Chapman. M.G, Fogelman I. Wilson P. (1994) A study of the effect of tibolone on the vagina in postmenopausal women. Maturitas. Feb;18(2):127-33
- Rymer J.M, Chapman. M.G, Fogelman I (1994) Effect of tibolone on postmenopausal bone loss. Osteoporos Int. 1994 Nov;4(6):314-9.
- Lanzaffame, F, Chapman, M.G., Gearon, C.M., Forman, R.G. (1994) Pharmacological stimulation of sperm motility. Hum Reprod. 1994 Feb;9(2):192-9. Review.
- Gearon, C., Mortimer, D., Chapman, M.G., Forman, R. (1994) Artificial induction of the acrosome reaction in human spermatozoa. Hum Reprod. 1994 Jan;9(1):77-82.
- Dewhurst, C.J., Chapman, M.G., Muram, D., Donnison, B (1993) 5 Alpha Reductase Deficiency in 46 XY Sisters, Paediatric and Adolescent Gynaecology 1.1 85 - 96
- Egbase P., Chapman M.G., (1993) Pregnancy after stillbirth, a study of 131 pregnancies. Postgraduate Doctor, August 1993
- Rymer J., Crook D., Sidhu M., Chapman M.G., Stevenson J. (1993) The Effect of Tibolone on Serum Concentrations of Lipoprotein.(a) (1993) Acta Endocrinologic 120: 259-262
- Shepherd P.S., Tran T.T., Rowe A.J., Cridland J.C., Comerford S.A., Chapman M.G., Rayfield L.S (1992). T Cell Responses to the Human Papillomavirus type 16 E7 Protein in Mice of Different Haplotypes. Journal of Genetics and Virology. 73 (5) P1269-74
- Risquez F, Forman R, Maleika F, Foulot H, Reidy J, Chapman M, Zorn JR. (1992) Transcervical cannulation of the fallopian tube for the management of ectopic pregnancy: prospective multicenterstudy. Fertil Steril. 1992 Dec;58(6):1131-5.
- Al-Ghazali W., Chapman M.G., Allan L.D., Rissik J.M (1992) Significance of Absent end Diastolic Flow in the Umbilical Artery combined with Reduced Fetal output Estimation in Pregnancies at High Risk for Placental Insufficiency. Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology 10,271 - 275 Robinson J.N., Forman R.G., Clark A.M., Egan D.M., Chapman M.G., Barlow D.H Attitudes of Donors and Recipients to gamete donation. Human Reproduction (1991) 6(2); P 307 - 9 Ruparelia B.A., Chapman M.G (1991) Early identification of placenta praevia. Br J Obstet Gynaecol. May;98(5):499.
- Robinson J.N., Forman R.G., Lockwood G.M., Hickey J.B., Chapman M.G., Barlow D.H - (1991) A comparison of the Transient Hyperprolactinaemic Stress Response Obtained Using Two Different Methods of Analgesia for Ultrasound - guided Transvaginal Oocyte Retrieval. Human Reproduction 6, (9) ; Page 1291 - 3
- Rodin A., Chapman, M.G., Fogelman,J (1991). Bone Density in Users of Combined Oral Contraception. Preliminary reports of a pilot study. British Journal of Family Planning Vol, 125 - 129.
- Dixon J.E., Hicks B.H., Chapman M.G., (1991) Hirsutography : Photographic Measurement of Linear Hair Growth in Hirsute Women during Comparison of Anti-Androgen Treatments. Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology 11 : 63-67
- Dixon J.E., Hicks B.H., Chapman M.G., (1991) Psychological Morbidity of Hirsute Women. British Medical Journal. 11, 198-203
- Davis G.K., Farquhar C.M., Allan L.D., Crawford D,C., Chapman M.G.(1990) Structural Cardiac Abnormalities in the Fetus: Reliability of Prenatal Diagnosis and Outcome. British Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, 97, 27 - 31
- Giles R., Grainger J.M., Harris V. G., Pistofidis, F. A., Wycherley J., Chapman M.G (1990) A Comparative Trial of the Multi-spatula and the Aylesbury Spatula for Cervical Screening. Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Rymer J.M., Chapman. M.G., Fogelman I. (1990) ORG O.D 14 Bone Protection with no Endometrial Stimulation. Proceedings of the Third International Symposium on Osteoporosis, 31 October 1990
- Rodin, A., Murby, B., Smith, M.A., Caleffi, M., Fentiman I., Chapman, M.G., Fogelman, I. (1990) Premenopausal Bone Loss in the Lumbar Spine and Neck of the Femur: A Study of 225 Caucasian Women. Bone 11, 1 - 5
- Rodin, A., Duncan, A., Quartero, H.W.P., Pistofidis, G., Mashiter, G., Whitaker, K., Crook, D., Stevenson, J.C., Chapman, M.G., Fogelman, I. (1989) Serum Concentrations of Alkaline Phosphatase Isoenzymes and Osteocalcin in Normal pregnancy. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism. 68, 6, 1123 - 1127
- Rodin, A., Mashiter, G., Quartero, R., Pistofidos, G., Fogelman, I., Maisey, M.N., Chapman, M.G. & Clarke, S. (1989) Thyroid Function in Normal Pregnancy Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, 10. 89 - 94
- Dixon, J., Rodin, A., Fogelman, I.I., Chapman, M.G. (1989) Bone Mass in Hirsute Women with Androgen Excess. Clinical Endocrinology, 39, 271 - 77
- Quartero, H.W.P., Dixon, J.E., Westwood, O., Hicks, B., Chapman, M.G. (1989) Ovulation Induction in Polycystic Ovarian Disease by Pure FSH (Metrodin). A Comparison Between Chronic Low-Dose Pulsatile Administration and IM Injections. Human Reproduction, 4, 247 - 249
- Pistofidis G.A., Brown E.R., Harris V.G., Grainger J. M., Spring J.E., Carr J.V.L., Chapman M.G. (1989) Detection of Abnormal cervical smear s - A comparative Study. Acta Obstetrica et Gynaecologica Scandinavica 67, 153-154
- Rodin A., Coltart T.M., Chapman M.G (1989) Needle Aspiration of Simple Ovarian Cysts in Pregnancy. British Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology. 96, 994-996
- Al-Ghazali W., Chapman M.G., Allan L.D., Chita S.K. (1989) Evidence of Redistribution of Cardiac Output in Asymmetrical Growth Retardation. British Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology. 96(6) P697 - 704
- Olajide, F., Howell, R.J.S., Wass, J.A.S., Holly, J.M.P., Bohn, H., Grudzinskas, J.G., Chapman, M.G., Chard, T. (1989) Circulating Levels of Placental Protein 12 and Chorionic Gonadotrophin following RU38486 and Gemeprost for Termination of First trimester Pregnancy. Human Reproduction 4, 337 - 340
- Al-Ghazali W., Chapman M.G., Allan L.D (1988) Doppler Assessment of the Cardiac and Uteroplacental Circulation in Normal and Complicated Pregnancies. British Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, 95, 575 - 580
- Ruparelia B.A., Chapman M.G., (1988) Occult Infiltrating Placenta Previa Percreta: An Unusual Case Highlighting the Management problems in the Young Patient. International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, 27, 285 - 287
- Westwood O.M.R., Chapman M.G., Totty N., Philip R., Bolton A.E., Lazarus N.R (1988) N-Terminal Sequence Analysis of Human Placental Protein 14, Purified in High Yield from Decidual Cytosol. Journal of Reproductive Fertility, 82, 493 - 500.
- Pockley, A.G., Mowles E.A., Stoker R.J., Westwood O.M.R., Chapman M.G., Bolton A.E. (1988) Suppression of In Vitro Lymphocyte Reactivity to Phytohaemagglutinin by Placental Protein 14. Journal of Reproductive Immunology, 13, 31 - 39
- Fay T.N., Jacobs I., Teisner B., Poulsen O., Chapman M.G., Bohn H.., Westergaard J.G., Grudzinskas J.G (1988) Two Fetal Antigens ( FA-1 and FA-2 ) and Endometrial proteins (PP12 and PP14) Isolated from Amniotic Fluid; Preliminary Observations in Fetal and Maternal Tissues. European Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology and Reproductive Biology, 29, 73 - 85.
- Bolton, A.E., Clough, K.J., Stoker, R.J., Pockley, A.G., Mowles, E.A., Westwood, O.M.R., Chapman, M.G. (1987) Identification of Placenta Protein 14 as an Immunosuppressive Factor in Human Reproduction. Lancet (i) 593 - 595
- Kosma R., Chapman M.G., Loke Y.W., Johnson P M., Adinolfi M., (1987) Detection of Trophoblast- like Cells in Maternal Blood Using Specific Monoclonal Antibodies. Journal of Reproductive Immunology, 11, 55 - 61
- Chapman M.G., Jones M., Spring J.E., De Swiet M., Chamberlain G.V.P., (1986) The Use of a Birthroom: A Randomised Controlled Trial Comparing Delivery with that in the Labour Ward. British Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology. 93, 182 - 187
- Forman, R.G., Chapman, M.G., Steptoe, P.C. (1987) The Effect of Endogenous Progesterone on Basal Body Temperature in Stimulated Ovarian Cycles. Human Reproduction, 2,8, 631 - 634
- Chapman M.G., Katz M., Dowsett M., Hague W., Jeffcoate S.L., Dewhurst C.J (1986) Spironolactone in the Treatment of Hirsutism. Acta Obstetrica et Gynaecologica Scandinavica 65,4 349-354
- Rose G., Chapman M.G (1986) Aetiological Factors in Placenta Praevia - A case Controlled Study British Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, 93, 6, 586 - 588
- Allan L.D., Crawford D.C., Sheridan R., Chapman M.G. (1986) Aetiology of Non -Immune Hydrops - The Value of Echocardiography. British Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology. 93, 3 223 - 226
- Crawford D.C., Drake D., Kwaitkowski D., Chapman M.G., Allan L.D (1986) Prenatal Diagnosis of Reversible Cardiac Hypoplasia Associated with Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia: Implications for Postnatal Management. Journal of Clinical Ultrasound 14, 718-721
- Crawford D.C., Chapman M.G., Allan L.D (1985) Assessment of Persistent Bradycardia in Prenatal Life. British Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology. 92, 941 - 944
- Ruparelia B., Chapman M.G (1985) Early Low Lying Placenta - Ultrasonic Assessment, Progress and Outcome. European Journal of Obstetrics, Gynaecology and Reproductive Biology. 20, 209 - 213
- Chapman M.G., Dowsett M., Dewhurst C.J., Jeffcoate S.L (1985) Spironolactone in Combination with an Oral Contraceptive : An Alternative Treatment for Hirsutism. British Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology. 92, 983-985
- Crawford D.C., Chapman M.G., Allan L.D. (1985). Echocardiography in the Investigation of Anterior Abdominal Wall Defects in the Fetus. British Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, 92,1034 - 1036
- Chapman M.G., Houang E., et al (1984). Ampicillin Combined with Sulbactam or Metronidazole or single Dose Prophylaxis In Major Gynaecological Surgery. Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy 14, 529-525
- Pinto Furtado, L.G., Bolton, A.E., Chapman, M.G., et al (1984) The development of a Radioimmunoassay for Human Pregnancy-Associated Plasma Protein A ( PAPP - a) in Human Seminal Plasma. Clinical Reproduction and Fertility, 4,4.
- Chapman M.G., Laurence D., Sims C., Bennett M., (1984) Induction of Labour Prostaglandin Pessaries of Oxytocin Infusion after Spontaneous Rupture of Membranes. Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, 3,4 185 - 189
- Bolton, A.E., Chapman, M.G., et al (1983). A Radioimmunoassay for Human Placental Protein 16 and Concentrations of this protein in Tissue Extracts and Blood. IRCS Med. Sci 12, 439 - 440
- Chapman M.G and Spring J.(1983) Hirsutism in the Adolescent Female. Paediatric Adolescent Gynaecology 1 & 2, 163-171
- Chapman M.G., Malvern J., (1982) Quadruplet Pregnancy - Management. Maternal and Child Health. 7, 10, 399 - 404
- Chapman, M.G., Jeffcoate S.L., Dewhurst C J., (1982) Reduced Dosage Of Oestrogen in Combination with Cyproterone Acetate in the Treatment of Hirsutism. Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology. e,l, 62-63
- Chapman M.G., Jeffcoate S.L., Dewhurst C.J., (1982) Effect of Cyproterone Acetate - Ethinyloestradiol Treatment on Adrenal Function in Hirsute Women. Clinical Endocrinology, 17, 5-8.
- Chapman, M.G., O'Shea, R.T., Jones, W.R, Hillier, R (1981) Pregnancy Specific B1 Glycoprotein Screening Test for "At Risk" Pregnancies. American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology. 141, 5 499 - 502
- Bolton A.E., Chapman M.G., (1981) Concentration of Thromboglobulin in Urine in Late Pregnancy. Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology 1, 216 - 219
- Chapman M G., (1981) Management of Hirsutism. Journal of Hospital Medicine 26, 3, 270-272
- Philips, P.J., Verdig, A.E., Jones P.L., Chapman M.G., et al (1980) Metabolic and Cardiovascular Side Effects of the B Adrenergic Agonists Salbutamol and Timiterol. British Journal Od Clinical Pharmacology, 9 483 - 491
- Chapman M.G., Sheat J.H., Furness E.T., Jones W.R, (1979). The Significance of Placental Site in early Pregnancy as Determined by Ultrasound Examination. British Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, 86:11, 981 - 984
- Chapman M.G., Sheat J.H., Furness E.T., Jones, W.R (1979) Routine Ultrasound Screening in Early Pregnancy. Medical Journal of Australia. 2: 62 - 64
- Chapman M.G., Jones W.R. 9 (1978). SP1 in Normal and Abnormal Pregnancy. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology. 18 : 286 - 288
- Chapman M G (2005)
Infertility in Women's Health: A Core Curriculum
Eds Finn M, Bowyer L, O,Connor V, Carr S, Vollenhoven B Mosby Australia
- Chapman M G and Kemball G (2003)
Infertility in Obstetrics, Gynaecology, and Woman's Health
Eds V O'Connor and Kovacs G, Cambridge University Press, New York
- Chapman M.G., Dixon J.E., Fogelman I (1991)
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and Bone Mass. Polycystic Ovary Syndrome - A Disorder or a Symtoms? Parthenon Press 81 - 9
- Davis G.K and Chapman M.G (1990) The Menstrual Cycle: The Physiology of the Endometrium and its Proteins. In Scientific Foundations of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, 4th Edition
Eds: Phillip, E. & Setchell M. Heinemann Medical Books, Oxford
- Westwood O.M.R., Chapman M.G., Pockley A.G., Bolton A.E., Mowles E.A., Stoker R.J (1988)
Biological Activity of Placental protein 14 in Implantation. Biological and Clinical Aspects of Implantation.
130 - 141 Springer - Verlag, London, Berlin
- Chapman M.G (1988)